I often advocate for social media use because of its impact on my professional development and overall career. In fact, we’re currently looking at a social media policy at the Nebraska Department of Education because of the need to meet stakeholders where they are (novel idea). While the majority of my interactions on Twitter are professional and educationally related…I also spend time building relationships with incredible people that have become great friends, near and far.
11 Random Facts About Myself
- I have always been an extrovert. When I married an introvert, I thought we complemented each other nicely. The longer we are married, I see myself taking on his introverted tendencies.
- My maiden name is Arabic, but my family is Welsh, Irish and German. Try explaining Ishmael to TSA after 9/11 and having pasty white skin. Not fun.
- I have 3 tattoos – 2 are Celtic knots and the other is “Grace” in a Gaelic font. I have 2 new ones in mind that are not Irish related, which feels weird.
- My educational career has been a mix between private and public schools. Private: Kindergarten, 3rd-6th, both Master’s degrees. Public: 1st-2nd, 7th-12th, all 3 undergraduate degrees, bilingual education endorsement.
- My scarf collection is over 125. I have purged, but then I get more.
- In my 6 months at my new job, I have never repeated the same outfit.
- I LOVE shopping. See #6. Not clothing exclusive, though.
- I married my high school senior prom date. He met my dad the one and only time that night.
- My youth pastor married us, as well as my brother and sister-in-law and my mom and stepdad.
- I have a terrible sweet tooth. My favorite dessert is ice cream, with chocolate chip cookies coming in at a very close second.
- I have studied in 3 countries and traveled to many more. My favorite destination is London.
Questions from Jamie:
- What’s your favorite book character? Why? Max in Where the Wild Things Are. Imagination at its best.
- If you could have a super power, what would it be? Invisibility. It could lead to all sorts of shenanigans.
- What’s your favorite ‘get to know someone new” question? What’s your passion?
- Would you ever consider a job that required an out of country relocation? Heck yes, but my husband might say otherwise.
- What did you think you’d be as an adult when you were 8? I’m pretty sure that I thought being a singer or an actress was a viable option at that point.
- Now, what’s your dream job? A full-time junker/picker that redesigns and repurposes. 🙂
- How long does it take you to get to work? Currently an hour from Omaha to Lincoln. When the new house is finished, it will only be about 35 minutes!
- What was your proudest moment thus far? I’m fortunate to have many from which to choose, but being offered my current position at the Nebraska Department of Education after my best interview was quite a feat (and only 24 hours later).
- What’s your favorite thing to cook? I love to try new recipes in cooking and baking. My go-to is pesto mashed potatoes with greek yogurt.
- Android or iOS? iOS
- What’s the last thing you said out loud? I just called an animal shelter in Las Vegas because they have a Wheaten Terrier and I want to know if they will consider out-of-state placement. Poor little guy. Murphy would love a little brother.
Now it’s your turn:
1. Josh Allen
2. Toby Brown
3. Brent Catlett
4. Jill Bromenschenkel
5. Krissy Venosdale
6. Christine Ruder
7. Kyle Pace
8. Tim Gwynn
9. Kelly Tenkely
10. Jeremy Macdonald
11. Has anyone else not been tagged and taken part in this?
*I know several of you have already been tagged but now you get to choose which questions you want to answer!
**If you’ve managed upon this post and want to participate, please do!
Questions for You:
- What is your favorite travel destination?
- How many passport stamps do you have?
- Dogs or cats?
- Italian or Mexican food?
- If only one social media site were left online, which one would you want it to be?
- What’s your favorite book that you read in 2013?
- What makes you happy?
- Favorite Friends episode?
- If you were given the choice of professional development, would you prefer a traditional conference or an unconference (like Edcamps)?
- If you were to give a TED talk, what story would you tell?
- Tell us one of your favorite classroom stories.
Here’s how it works:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
Post back here with a link after you write this.